Search This Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2017

A scare on his 8-week birthday


Toby started having diarrhea hourly at 2 a.m. and stopped eating or playing. At 4 I called the longsuffering vet (Dr. Mike was on call) and took him in. All the signs were good; it seems he's just having difficulty adjusting to weaning (which was all his idea) and worming (will spare you the details, but he needed it). No infection, adequate hydration, generally doing quite well except for the runs. We'll put a bit of pumpkin in his food to add fiber and keep an eye on him. Since it's a weekend, he will probably throw in a couple of cliffhangers. I don't know how many lives he's got, but I'm beginning to think I've used several of mine as well. Oh, wait, this is the only one I get.
Toby had gone downhill so quickly other times that I may have hit the panic button a little early this time.Poor Matt has had very little sleep indeed. Since the air is too bad to do farmers' market, we were going to be home anyway.

Here is the cat himself, napping with his elephant. Remember when that elephant was almost as big as he was?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, usually within 24 hours.